Larry Lawton & the Reality Check Program – What Teens Do & What Parents Think They Do Are Often Two Different Things.
- Pick up your teen’s mp3 player and go to the “Top 25 Most Played” section. Listen for references to alcohol, drugs, or other risky behaviors. Then talk with your teen about what you heard.
- Visit social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram,Vine, etc, and browse the profiles of teens your child’s age to see what they say, what their interests are, and what they are doing online.
- Can you name your teen’s favorite TV show? Watch it with him or her and discuss story lines.
- Go to a video sharing Web site and type in “smoking weed.” Watch some of the videos. Did you know that your teen may be exposed to these images?
- Find out what the drug slang terms “blazed,” “xanibars,” “a blunt” and “robotripping” really mean.
- Type the name of your teen’s high school into the search bar of a popular teen social networking site and browse the profiles.
With the #1 program dealing with teens and young adults, often times a group of concerned parents get together and have Larry come and do a private Reality Check Program and a Parenting Program in the same day. The kids get an eye-opener like no other and the parents learn things they had no idea about. To learn more CLICK HERE
To request information on having Larry speak at your PTA, Business, Church or Private Function, CLICK HERE